Our History

2018

2018

Updated bulk soybean and seed storage is built. Co-op update: 26 full-time employees with the addition of 33 part-time, seasonal employees. Current sales are $33 million.

2017

2017

New bulk chemical building is added in Belgrade. Updated and increased bulk chemical building holds 55,000 gallons of liquid.

2015

2015

Melrose Ag Center is acquired. Growth and expansion continues with the purchase of the Melrose Ag Center, including their patrons and employees.

2014

2014

New seed storage shed is constructed in Belgrade. Machine warehouse and seed storage shed are built.

2013

2013

New headquarters is completed. Main offices are moved to the industrial park in Belgrade. Space in the convenience store begins to be rented out to Central Minnesota Credit Union.

2012

2012

New fertilizer blending tower is built in Belgrade. Has a capacity of mixing 130 tons of dry fertilizer per hour.

2011

2011

The anhydrous plant is moved from Lowry, MN to Villard, MN.

2008

2008

Expansion in Belgrade. Land is purchased and a 30,000-gallon tank is moved from New Munich, MN. Co-op update: Sales reach $23 million.

2006

2006

CPS Ag Center is acquired in Brooten, MN. Customers and employees are transitioned to the Belgrade location.

2005

2005

Seed warehouse is added.

2001

2001

Cenex in Long Prairie, MN is acquired. 250 customers are served south of Interstate 94 in Saint Martin and Meire Grove, MN. Bulk seed and treatment plant is built.

1999

1999

United Seed Dealers is formed. Seed is sold for the first time through the United Seed Dealers.

1998

1998

Expansion in Belgrade. Railroad land is purchased to move to the current location in the business park on the northeast side of Belgrade.

1997

1997

New convenience store is added. Co-op builds a convenience store in Belgrade (currently named Coop’s Corner) on the intersection of Highways 55 and 71. Offices move from Main Street and fertilizer plant to back of convenience store.

1995

1995

Allen Anderson retires and Jeff Koehler takes over as general manager. Co-op update: Sales increase yet again to $4.8 million.

1992

1992

First bulk chemical storage tank is built, holding 15 tons and 3,000 gallons of liquid.

1982

1982

Expansion into appliances and fertilizer plant is acquired. The Frigidaire line of appliances and display room are added. Fertilizer plant is acquired in the spring. Co-op update: The co-op expands to 12 employees with sales increasing to $2.7 million.

1980

1980

Expansion in Belgrade. Truck shed is built and five acres of land are purchased south of Belgrade for the location of the propane and fuel bulk plant.

1977

1977

Town and Country in Glenwood, MN is acquired. Business and L.P. tanks are purchased. Co-op update: The Belgrade office is enlarged to house the first computer. Employment grows to eight full-time employees and $1 million in sales.

1974

1974

Expansion into propane delivery. The first L.P. customer delivery truck is purchased. The truck makes 75 trips a year to fill up in Glenwood, MN.

1972

1972

Allen Anderson takes the lead as general manager. Co-op update: The co-op has five full-time employees and $356,000 in sales.

1966

1966

The Pure Oil Company is acquired from Pete Thompson.

1948

1948

A warehouse is added. The Quonset adjacent to the gas station and garage is built. The men working on construction are paid $1 per hour.

1942

1942

The Farmer’s Cooperative Oil Association name is changed to the current name today, “Belgrade Cooperative Association”.

1941

1941

Expansion in Belgrade. Three lots are purchased on Main Street in Belgrade, and the cooperative becomes a dealer for the Minnesota Prison, which makes machinery and twine.

1939

1939

New facility’s grand opening takes place in Belgrade.

1938

1938

Central Minnesota Cooperative Oil Company name changes to “Farmer’s Cooperative Oil Association”.

1928

1928

Central Minnesota Cooperative Oil Company is founded on Sept. 11. C.T. Haugen is elected president and Sam Kjeldahl is named as the first manager.

1927

1927

A foundational meeting takes place to organize a cooperative oil company.